« Home | Kannadasan » | Asha NYC/NJ Half Marathon » | I'm Back » | Madrasa Suthi Paaka Poren..... » | Ilamaiyenum Poongatru » | Many More Happy Returns of the Day » | Photo Blog Updated » | Naan Paadum Mouna Raagam - Updated » | Through the lens » | Now reading » 

Monday, August 14, 2006 



Jai Hind!

Please Listen to Prem Abraham's "Inthiathai" here. As Prem rightly put, this is "Our humble contribution to the great nation and its independence".

super krishna... wonderful effort from both of u.. happy independence day..

A very nice effort by both of you.

I walked past the corpses sacrificed in the name of fanaticism,
And the souls living a life of death in its terror,
I watched the law stripped naked by the symbols of corruption disguised in white.
I retched from the stench of poverty, the slums that have mushroomed on my belly.

I listened to the AIDS victims, homosexuals, transvestities crying out for acceptance.
I was deafened by the silence of women waiting to prove their worth.
I watched helplessly as soldiers died in the conspiracy of patriotism
And the spirits crumbled beneath the hand of casteism.

I have witnessed Pain of love, Ecstacy of grief, Sanctity of hatred and dubiety of happiness.
Yet cradling the hope of a better tomorrow in my womb,
I walked towards the tri-colour that symbolizes 6 decades of my freedom.

..Me

Good first attempt...hoping to hear more creations from you and Prem.

Post a Comment